Apostrophy Designs: I've Been Boo'd

I've Been Boo'd

At the beginning of the week I got Boo'd by the neighborhood ghost, which means you have 2 days to make 2 treats and take them to 2 people. 4 days later...ha ha...I finally decide to make homemade oreos and take them around. The funny thing is I do not consider myself a cook at all, but if there is one thing that my family always counts on me to make it's homemade oreos. I even bought neon food dye(teal, lime green, purple and pink are all of the colors) and made orange frosting. Did you know that eight drops of lime green and 3 of pink makes a pretty decent orange? Crazy huh?
Here's the recipe for the 'Halloween' Oreos...

Halloween Oreos

1 pkg Devil's Food (don't buy off brand )
2 eggs
3/4 vegetable oil (applesauce works too)

1 can of Cream Cheese Frosting

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix top three together, roll into balls size of meatballs and place them on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7-8 min (they are ready when they flatten out and start to crack). Let cookies cool and then smash them together with frosting (you can add food coloring to make orange frosting). Makes about 2 dozen WHOLE cookies...

Now your ready to go Boo someone....

5 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

I'm ready to start baking now!!!! All I need is an oven...

Tori said...

I am a two-oven woman, you can have one if you want... just preferably not the one in the wall...

Megan said...

I love these cookies but had forgotten the recipe... thanks!

Amy said...

BOO-YEAH! **I had to**

I love your oreos. nothing tops your oreos. Tor, can you send me some of your oreos?

I know you posted the recipe; but it would be so much easier if you would just send them to me.

jill d said...

we love your oreos too! i used to make them a lot, but haven't in a while. they sure sound good. thanks for putting the idea in my head!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.