Apostrophy Designs: Pumpkin Fun!

Pumpkin Fun!

Thursday I got the idea that it would be fun to carve a pumpkin this year for Halloween. We usually don't carve, we prefer to paint them because of the squishy-ness from pumpkins. I remember when we were first dating, I painted a cute Frankenstein pumpkin and Don painted some random guy from the newspaper (**I should add that it was a very good painting and may have been the winning factor in why I married him – I do have a picture maybe I’ll post it). On Friday we invited the Burnett's over to carve pumpkins with us, it was a lot of fun!! I know why I have avoiding carving pumpkins... its grose... but I think our pumpkins turned out pretty cute! However, next year we'll stick to painting!!






8 comments:

Adrienne Hansen said...

Oh so cute! You did very well. I also hate carving pumpkins. I am almost sure that I am allergic to the guts because it always makes my arms itch for hours if I touch them. Yuck! I'm super glad to see a cheesy Don grin today. I have been having a blah day and that made it better.

Amy said...

soooo FUN!!! your pumpkin looks a bit like don... is it supposed to look like don? I hate pumpkin guts too. makes me gaggy.

Megan said...

I actually like pulling the guts out of pumpkins. But I agree with Ade- my arms always itch after. Cute pumpkins!

Tori said...

**Our pumpkin was supposed to be more like an old man... but that does look like a face Don would pull doesn't it??
**Glad it made your day, Ade... I know what you mean about itching...
**We'll call you over (all the way from Seattle) to help pull the guts next time~!

Megan said...

Okay, we're there!

sadie said...

I thought about carving pumpkins this year but only for about a minute. I figure that once we have kids we'll have to carve pumpkins every year...so I decided to enjoy this little break.

I'm proud of you for being so ambitious, though. Do you think you could carve one for me too?

Tori said...

I will carve one for you... but only out of play do(ugh)! or cookie dough...tasty!!

Anonymous said...

Don is so HOT!!!!!!!! Can I have him.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.