Apostrophy Designs: (onychophagia)

(onychophagia)

boo yeah




I have a horrible habit... biting my nails. I've always had this condition, but lately it is getting on my nerves. I find myself doing it all of the time...I think it's a terrible habit and I want out.

I trust everything* I read on the Internet and while I was scoping out solutions to my problem I came across some evidence that suggests medications such as anti-depressants and OCD medications actually minimize nail biting behavior. Well thanks wikipedia for solving my life problems, point me to the nearest pharmacy.

I don't bite my nails when I'm nervous or depressed, I do it without even thinking about it. I've tried sour stuff, painting my finger nails, and clipping them on a regular basis... Even my New Years Resolution of '04 was to quit and I made it 5 days, seriously 5 days? So I thought since some people report losing weight on their blogs, I will report on my nail biting adventures [hopefully there won't be many more, plus I wish I could say NO fingernails were harmed during the typing of this entry but that'd be lying].

I am going to start out by changing my hair elastic on my wrist and moving it between my two arms anytime my hand gets near my mouth...

Anyone else have this problem?

*Not.

[check sidebar for the occasional tally]

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it Tori. Julie has the same problem and has done so well lately- her nails look great. Chew gum....

Tyler said...

OOOooooOOO I should report on my weight loss! I am so fat!

Becky said...

I used to be really bad. I bite them if they get really long or if I'm in an intense movie. My solution is to keep them clipped and clean. It's so hard to stop...i feel your pain!

jill d said...

Good luck Tor! I didn't realize that is was so bad.

Leslie said...

Tyler always calls me out because I seem to always bite my nails whenever I am bugged with something... I am so with ya! My nails are horrible.

julie said...

Tori, I have the same problem! It is terrible and I can never seem to kick the habit completely. Lately I have been letting them grow and then biting them down to a shorter length so at least it doesn't look like I am nail biter! Good luck, You can do it. I think it just mostly takes the desire and some hugh will power!

Shannon said...

Oh. My sis does this all the time. I know she does it without even realizing it as well. Good luck. Keep with it and you will be able to change that habit!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.