Apostrophy Designs: Sunkist Creamsicle Cupcakes {Recipe}

Sunkist Creamsicle Cupcakes {Recipe}

Part of our Bucket List for Summer with the kids I babysit is we try to cook something {new-ish} once a week for the WHOLE Summer {and because there's a pregnant lady involved we tend to be baking treats}.

We have been wanting to make these for awhile but it kept getting put on our back burner, so we were really excited to have finally whipped these Sunkist Creamsicle Cupcakes out!


Did you know you can make a cake/cupcakes with just a cake mix and a can of diet soda? No eggs necessary...and the cupcakes are delicious!! In the words of my niece they won't even go to your hips, well of course until you add the marshmallow fluff and butter right?? 

So we started out with a funfetti cake mix {I would've prefered vanilla but we just used what was on hand} and my nephew Kole dumped a WHOLE can of Diet Sunkist Soda in...

The youngest kids couldn't believe I was letting Kole dump a whole can of soda into the cupcake batter. I did add a little bit of vegetable oil to help the cake from sticking the liners. If you don't have liners I would grease the cupcake tins too.

 After our cupcakes cooled down, we stuck a straw in the middle of all the cupcakes to create a hole and then we filled them with our marshmallow filling:
1 c. marshmallow fluff
1/2 c. butter
1/4 - 1/2 c powered sugar

Cream all together and let stiffen{add only enough sugar to help stiffen the mixture}... Then the kids took turns piping the marshmallow filling into the cupcakes with a plastic sandwich bag... they love this part.

To finish the cupcakes we then made an Orangey Frosting by adding fresh orange juice and zest to our original frosting recipe:

1/2 c. butter
4 c. powered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Fresh juice from and orange and zest to taste... we used probably about a tablespoon of juice but you can definitely use more depending how orangey you want your frosting
Mix together and pipe onto the cupcakes using another zip lock baggy with a corner cut off...

Anyone will squeal with delight after they taste these babies! I think I had about 2 cupcakes {each for me and baby}...but it won't go to my thighs right?? :)

**If you don't have time to make frosting I am sure kids would love to frost and decorate these cupcakes with frosting bought at the store and sprinkles, either way I really love the option of making cupcakes with diet soda, sure beats having to borrow eggs from the neighbors!**

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those sounds like HEAVEN! I have done the cake and diet soda thing- it is great. WE WILL be trying these.

Sterling Rose said...

Love the picture with your daughter! She looks so sweet... Much much sweeter than the cupcakes that are divine, I might add.

Melanie Jumbo said...

Wow! The cupcakes are cute and so your daughter too. She is so sweet on the picture. Looking to kids with that smiles will surely be sweet and perfect while eating some cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Does it have to be diet? Diet soda is worse for you =/

Piano Grand said...

Wow! First time for me to know that a Sunkist soda can be used as ingredient to make cupcakes. But I believe that it’s really delicious. I’ll surely try it one day. By the way, your daughter is very cute.

Anonymous said...

Do you haνe any viԁeo of that? I'd want to find out more details.

Look into my web blog: pure garcinia cambogia

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.