Apostrophy Designs: dear bergen jo,

dear bergen jo,

**This is a letter I wrote to Bergen the night my sweet Mother passed away...




Tonight your sweet Grandma Joyce passed away. Tomorrow you will wake up and ask to go to Grandma's but you are to little to understand what's happened and it breaks my heart.

You loved your Grandma dearly and would give her loves and tell her all kinds of stories about everything. Her house was a second home to you with you visiting lots and sleeping on her bed when you were just a tiny baby.

You have dark hair and eyes just like her. She loved you very much and you would often sing to her...
"I looove you, I looove you, I looove you....so much, so much!"

We will miss her very much but I hope you know what a strong example she was of faith and strength she was to all of us. She battled a disease called scleraderma for 19 years and fought to see your mom graduate from high school, get married, graduate college, and give birth to you.

I hope you know and can feel of our Saviors love and the Atonement, for I know Grandma is whole and with family that has gone before her and Jesus.

We'll miss you Grandma, we loove you, we loove you, so much, so much!


=============================================================================


Things are well, different. Everyone tells me things will get easier, however I don't think that's the case. I have caught myself crying over fireworks, yarn, fabric, and just about anything else dealing with Mother's Day. I hope my heart will get stronger, and in the moments I am feeling weak I find myself being caught by so many uplifting, kind, and caring individuals. Words can never express my thanks (and the thanks of my family) for the prayers, cards, gifts, hugs, and other kind actions! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

10 comments:

Bless by Tone said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss - she sounds like a wonderful person. Tone

Jason and Noelle Jones said...

Tori, I am so sorry for your loss.. That was such a sweet letter to Bergen. I can't even imagine the pain you are going through, but if you ever need anything please let me know. I would love to do anything dinner, watch your little one, anything!

Skye O. said...

Your Mom is amazing & I have admired her so much! Her legacy of faith, strength, charity, & hope will never be forgotten by so many! Many thoughts & prayers for you & your family!!!

Delia said...

Tori...I am thinking of you often! Love you!

Adrienne Hansen said...

Oh Tor! I just can't get you off my mind. You are an amazing lady. Remember you can call me anytime. Love you so much!

Nicole said...

I don't know how one survives that. I guess endurance. You are such a sweetie and a part of your mom lives on in you today!! I know because you are my twiner!

HoopDeeDoo said...

Hi Tori - stopping by after a visit to SYTYC, just to let you know that I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in the fall after a long fight with a rare illness. It's so hard, and even with the peace of Christ, your world has profoundly changed. So even though I don't know you, I want you to know that I will be praying for you as you grieve. God's blessings to you and your family-
Amy

Lisa said...

Tori,
Tonight I visited my Jocie at the cemetery and discovered that your beautiful mother is resting so very near to her. We will watch closely over her each time we stop to see our Jocie.

Your letter to Bergen is perfect...in time she will remember her grandma through all the stories and memories you will share with her. And she will love each and every one of them.

I am truly saddened at your loss...my heart reaches out to yours at this time.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the cry. You and your family are such and amazing example of how I want my family to be. The funeral was amazing, beautiful. You were a gift to her- you are the will represent the all the beauty your mom taught you. I think about you so much. I don't think it gets easier- maybe different. Call me any time. Love you.

nest full of eggs said...

i was sorry to hear the sad news over at so you think you're crafty, thinking of you & your family during this difficult time

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.