Apostrophy Designs: OMTWI Burlap: Ombray Chevron Bag {TUTORIAL}

OMTWI Burlap: Ombray Chevron Bag {TUTORIAL}

For the Burlap Challenge, I came up with an Ombray Chevron Bag & coordiating clutch. This bag was made from white burlap and painted into Chevrons using an Ombray painting technique.

 Both accessories are adorned with a coordinating brown burlap flower and blinged up in the middle with some matching beads.

I made the bag a bit bigger than I usually do, along with 6 pockets. This makes this bag and coordinating clutch perfect the take along for the Farmer's Market, Beach, or where ever your summer will take you!

TUTORIAL:
Supplies:
     - 1 yard White Burlap
     - 1 can of Fabric Spray Paint (I got mine at Jo-Ann's)
     - 1 yard of fabric
     - 1 yard of Interfacing 
     - Masking/Painters Tape

I started out by cutting out an 18 inch strip of white burlap and began taping chevrons with painters tape.
The I painted the burlap in a Ombray fashion....heavier in the middle and lighter on the outsides. **Be careful too much paint can leak through the tape.

Let the paint dry over night and peels the tape off.

I then continued to make the bag into a market bag. There is a similar tutorial that can be found HERE.

Also someone sent me this link when they found out which bag was mine....it's a painted chevron rug from House of Smith's...

Now, I just need to get to IKEA!

11 comments:

kate said...

this is so cute! good job for moving on! you got this!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute! am a fan!

Nicole said...

I adore this!

Jenn said...

This is so cute. I love the colors.

Mindie Hilton said...

Would love to see you link up at my new party that will run through Sunday!

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/party-mindie-style-link-up-1.html

So cute, I am bag obsessed.

Beauty and The Green said...

Wow I cant sew worth a lick but that bags makes me want to try! So beautiful!

Mindie Hilton said...

Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time. I can't find the button. If next time you could add the button or a link back to the party that would be great. I really love your bag. I am going to have a special give away just for linkers next week too. Hope to see you at the party.

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com said...

Wonderful. We will feature you today. Come grab your 'I'm featured' badge as you deserve it, to have it prominently on your blog! both original AND trendy! http://www.finecraftguild.com/craft-parties/

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most vital information for me.

And i am glad reading your article. But want
to remark on few general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really nice : D.
Good job, cheers

My homepage: pure green coffee bean extract side effects

Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this blog's articles or reviews all the time along with a mug of coffee.

My web-site More Info

Anonymous said...

That is really attention-grabbing, You are an excessively professional blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to looking for more of
your wonderful post. Additionally, I've shared your web site in my social networks

my blog seborrheic dermatitis symptoms

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.